Almonds a must Superfood
Fortunately, the delicately flavoured and versatile almond is available throughout the year to make a healthy and tasty addition to both sweet and savoury dishes. They are rich in vitamins and minerals and are high in dietetic fibre and monounsaturated fat, which makes the heart healthy. The benefits of almonds are almost endless but here are few one must know:
Benefits of Almonds
Helps in digestion
Almonds may do more for your health than provide you with nutrients such as fibre, vitamin E and healthy fats. Emerging evidence shows almonds may actually improve digestion by changing the environment of your intestinal tract for the better.
Helps in weight loss
The new study published in the Journal of Nutrition found a link between daily almond consumption and weight loss, specifically belly fat. Now nut lover, rejoice almonds may help you shed those unwanted pounds.
Keeps your heart healthy
Eating almonds may also reduce your risk of developing blood clots that can cause a fatal heart attack. It also appears to improve the health of the lining of your arteries.
Provides Vitamin E
Vitamin E present in the Almonds along with other minerals helps in increasing the good bacteria in the gut.
Improves bone health and prevent osteoporosis
Almonds are a fantastic source of vitamins and minerals and phosphorus in definitely counted among them. Phosphorus is considered to be helpful in maintaining healthy bones.
Nourishes the nervous system
According to Ayurveda, Almonds helps in increasing high intellectual level and as well as longevity. It also helps in growth of brain cells.
Here’s how one can consume Almonds
Recipes: Almond Cardamom Tea
- Soak raw almonds overnight
- Blanch and peel almonds, blend with water until creamy
- Add almonds whip to boiling water, boil for at least 5-6 minutes
- Stir in a pinch of cardamom and sweetened with jaggery or brown sugar.
Almond Face Pack for All Skin Types
- Crush almonds that have been soaked overnight.
- Mix it with raw milk, and apply on the face and neck until it dries.
- Wash off with cold water.
- With regular use, your skin will be rid of uneven tone and will be velvety smooth. This is also beneficial for sensitive skin.