Largest-ever Product Development Project launches Harley-Davidson® into its 115th Anniversary Year with brand new Softail® custom motorcycles ready for 2018.
The four brand new Softail® motorcycles – Fat Boy®, Heritage Classic, Fat Bob® and Street Bob® feature all-new designs that strongly differentiate them from their predecessors and each other. And from a new base of style, comfort and performance the next generation of factory custom cruisers is ready for riders to elevate even further with their own personalisation.
The legendary Fat Boy motorcycle that defined contemporary custom style for decades has outdone itself. Ripped and refined satin-chrome finishes deliver a bold, muscular styling statement showing off its powerful engine and new and improved ride and handling.
- Aggressive, steamroller stance and front end design
- Modern-day interpretation of the classic headlight nacelle
- A 160mm front tire, the widest-ever on a Harley-Davidson production model, wraps the solid Lakester front wheel
- 16kg weight reduction to previous model
- Standard ABS
- 240mm rear tire with solid Lakester rear wheel
Design cues evoke the blacked-out styling of vintage 1950s Harley-Davidson models, updated with a modern edge.
- New detachable windscreen
- New rigid, lockable, sealed, water-resistant saddlebags
- Taller suspension with increased passenger and cargo payload capacity
- 17kg weight reduction to previous model
- Standard cruise control and ABS
Tarmac-eating traction, pothole-devouring suspension, agile cornering and a blacked-out take-no-prisoners look make the Fat Bob a groundbreaking motorcycle that could only come from Harley-Davidson.
- 2-1-2 upswept performance exhaust with a custom finish
- Largest aggressively treaded tires from the Motor Company: 150 mm front and 180 mm rear
- Dual disc front brakes
- 2 litre fuel tank
- 15kg weight reduction to previous model
- Inverted 43mm cartridge style front forks.
A bare-bones bike with go-anywhere DNA, the Street Bob motorcycle has a fists-in-the-wind attitude with nothing extra to weigh it down.
- Smooth-top 13.2 litre fuel tank
- Black spoke wheels with chopped fenders
- Low-profile riser-mounted digital instrument screen
- 7kg weight reduction to previous model
- Lowest MSRP in Softail line
NEW TECHNOLOGY FEATURED ON EVERY SOFTAIL
- Unique Daymaker Signature LED Headlamps on all models
- Improved electrical system charging, more than doubled at idle speeds
- Easily adjustable rear shock pre-load settings (method varies by model)
- Under seat spanner wrench: Street Bob
- External hand adjustment knob: Fat Bob, Fat Boy
- Under seat socket adjustment: Heritage Classic
- New instrumentation
- Keyless ignition and security system standard
- Steering head mounted USB charge port
- New fuel tanks
So what are you still thinking? All you need to do is just get geared up for long ride to the nature with these beautiful and massive cruisers. As it is said “Cars move the body, Bikes move the soul.”