It’s that time of the year when one must give up their diets and fulfill their sweet tooth craving. We bring you two simple sweets for this festival season:
1 cup of freshly grated coconut
1 pinch of Cardamom Powder
½ cup of Jaggery or cane sugar
1 tablespoon Ghee
¼ cup of Water
- Roast the coconut in low flame and cook until most of the coconut is brown. Stir occasionally for 3- 5 mins.
- In a pan melt jaggery in water.
- Mix both coconut and jaggery and add cardamom powder together.
- Cool the mixture and shape them with the help of Ghee in palm
2 cups of Almonds soaked in water (boiled and peeled)
397g /can condensed milk (sweetened)
1 cup fresh milk
1 cup Ghee – clarified butter
2tbsp Sugar (granulated)
1/2 tsp Green cardamom
10 pieces Pistachios (sliced)
15 pieces Almonds (sliced)
Tray to set in
- Peel the boiled almonds; grind the almonds with fresh milk to a thick and smooth paste.
- In a non-stick pan, add the paste. Cook for 2 mins on medium heat just to remove the raw taste of the almonds keep stirring.
- Add the condensed sweetened milk to the paste, sugar and cardamom powder and mix well. Cook till the mixture starts sticking to itself and leaves the sides of the pan and comes to the middle and keep stirring. Low to Medium heat
- Now add ghee little by little and keep stirring till all the ghee is absorbed by the sweet dough. As you start adding the ghee, the dough should now become very smooth and soft.
- Once the ghee is fully absorbed, grease a baking tray and spread the mixture evenly in it and sprinkle the sliced pistachios and almonds evenly all over the mixture and leave it to cool down
- Once cooled, cut into desired pieces and serve.