Don’t let small hurdles like laziness become a part of your lifestyle
Laziness is standing as a wall between you and a great workout; it’s time for you to break that wall. So we have listed down 7 exciting ways through which you can eliminate your laziness when it comes to working out.
- Keep your playlist fresh: Are you tired of listening to the same playlist again and again? If yes, then it’s time for you to update it to regain the motivation you lost in the mid-way. University of Wisconsin La Crosse Exercise and Health Program reported that listening to upbeat music while working out can reduce the perception of effort and increase endurance by 15%. So whether you like rap, dubstep (a form of a dance), or trance, it’s time for you to change your playlist.
- Try group classes: Ever heard of Zumba, Bolly Aerobics, HIIT, or Body Combat? If not, then my friend you are not updated with new innovative techniques for working out. These classes go by the rule of ‘work together, grow together’, to bring the fitness enthusiast out of you. These short but high-intense classes along with music leave no chance of laziness in you. All you need to do is get up and find a gym or wellness club nearby you who supports such classes.
- Take your workout outdoor: There is a big difference in working out in a closed gym and outdoor workout. First and foremost interesting fact is that when you go outdoor there is no limit, you have various options like brisk walking, running, calisthenics, or any sport. It helps you burn more calories without letting you feel bored or exhausted while performing the task. Another thing is that changes are good; they make you feel young and alive.
- Set realistic goals: Do you feel lazy even after achieving your goals on a busy scheduled day; this is because your expectations are way too much from yourself, which in return are making you miserable and lethargic. Set small and achievable targets and treat yourself after accomplishing them. This technique will keep you motivated and will make you understand that the only person you have to defeat is you yourself. One more tip for you, write down so that you don’t forget your progress.
- Find a workout partner: A workout partner is just like a nutritional supplement; that helps you work harder, provide better results, stay focused and keeps you motivated. They are a major factor in influencing your laziness like on some days you just want to quit or you feel lethargic but this person will help you regain your drive and focus back on the track. So it’s time for you to find your swolemate.
- Add some competition: Just like competition in exams or in business industry, involve some healthy competition in your workouts also. Not only will it make you understand your real strength and stamina but will also motivate you to work harder because everyone wants to be at the top of the completion. Join a crossfit gym or some sports club; the competitive edge will help you grin more than your usual routines. Within a period of time you’ll see the difference between your levels of intensity.
- Talk it out with friends: Once you start working out, irrespective of your level of intensity. Tell your friends, family and office colleague about your progress and healthy change in your lifestyle. In return they will help you remain positive and motivated to continue to work out. And soon you will realise that it became a part of your daily habit, now you don’t need external motivation to keep you going.