10 alluring places to visit in Scotland for you to rediscover yourself and appreciate the beauty of nature
According to London-based publication Rough Guides; Scotland now holds the title of the most beautiful country in the world. So, we bring you ten places which sum up the beauty of Scotland.
- Edinburgh Edinburgh is the capital city of Scotland and also a land of mind bending view to city skylines. Both the city’s old and new town are UNESCO World Heritage sites along with the famous Edinburgh Castle and Holyrood Palace being the most paid tourist attraction sites in the country.
- Glencoe Glencoe is one of the most scenic mountain valley of Scotland, making it perfect place to relax and rejuvenate. You can even go to hiking either alone or with your family and rediscover yourself in the vast natural beauty of Glencoe.
- Loch Ness Loch Ness is the 754-foot deep lake which stretches for 23 miles and is surrounded by picturesque ruins of Urquhart Castle. It is one of the Scotland’s largest castles. You can Loch Ness Centre and Exhibition and discover the legends of UK’s most mysterious sea creatures.
- The Isle of Skye Skye is one of the top travel destinations in Scotland. It is famous for its scenery and beautiful landscapes that will leave you awestruck. You can spend a lazy and relaxing weekend with your family and discovering about the legends of this place.
- Outer Hebrides For all the beach lovers, Outer Hebrides in Scotland is the perfect choice. It is a group of 15 islands with beautiful stretches of sand. The beaches in these islands attract lot of tourists and surfers due to its serenity and cleanliness. Maybe Scotland is not the perfect beach destination but these Outer Hebrides are a great alternative for filling your beach lust.
- Inner Hebrides Inner Hebrides consists of 79 islands out of which 35 are inhabited. Skye, Mull, Jura, and Islay are one of the biggest islands on Inner Hebrides. Different Island is famous for different quality like: Iona is for experiencing absolute peace and if you want to have some great food and fun activities then Islay is a great option with more than 20 beaches.
- The Kelpies The Kelpies is famous for its two majestic horse head towers near Falkirk and also the largest equine sculptures in the world. In the recent times, this place has gain a lot of popularity due its beauty and uniqueness. You can click lots of photographs and enjoy the amazing weather of Scotland with your friends and family.
- Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park Here you can experience long walks in the wood, wild scenery, thrilling history and delicious local food and drink with snow-capped mountains. Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park provides you everything that you would like to do on a holiday or vacation.
- Cairngorms National Park Cairngorms National Park is the perfect place for all the adventure enthusiasts. With over 280Kms of hiking and mountain biking trails on five out of six’s Scotland’s highest peak along with experiencing the diverse wildlife of Scotland. In winters you can go for a nice skiing session.
- Arran Arran or Isle of Arran is the seventh largest island in Scotland and is also called as “Scotland in miniature”. You can relax and retrieve yourself at the beautiful spots of Arran like: the fabulous Glenashdale Falls, Machrie Standing Stones and King’s Cave. Spend one day or two to enjoy completely at Arran.